Documents required to complete enrollment
- Child’s Original State Issued Birth Certificate
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Photo Identification:
- The form of identification that you provide must be a current, government-issued identification card including a photograph or signature and a serial or identification number. The ID provided must match the name of the person listed on the Proof of Residency. Expired Drivers license or government ID cannot be accepted
- Proof of Residency in East Pennsboro Area School District:
- The following documents are acceptable means of providing residency. Any of these documents must be current and include the homeowner’s / lessee’s name and address. Only one of the following is needed. Sellers Agreements cannot be accepted
- Renters’ or Homeowners’ Insurance Policy (declarations page)
- Mortgage Statement (within three months)
- Sewer/Trash or Utility Bill which shows a service address (within three months)
- Check stub from wages, public assistance or social security (within three months)
- Payment or liability of payment of recent municipal and school district taxes
- Deed or Lease (signed and dated by both landlord and tenant). If lease is over one year old, either a signed, dated statement from the landlord is required that tenant still resides at address or one of the other items listed on this list must be provided rather than the lease.
***Parents or guardians who reside with a friend or relative in the East Pennsboro Area School District AND the resident must both complete Multiple Occupancy Affidavits. Multiple Occupancy paperwork can be obtained on our District website www.epasd.org, Parents/Guardians, Student Accounting and Registration, Registration Resources/Multiple Occupancy. The affidavits must be notarized. If an appointment is needed to have paperwork notarized, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record of Immunizations:
- A current document with immunization administration dates must be submitted for your child’s school enrollment. This document must include that child’s name and date of birth.
- Court Order for Custody: If applicable, please bring it to your child’s registration appointment.
- Transcript and/or report card
- IEP, GIEP, or 504 Accommodations: If your child receives special education services or other health-related accommodations, it is helpful for you to provide his/her most recent reports relevant to his/her education. This information will be reviewed in order to determine the appropriate placement for your child.
Multiple Occupancy Affidavits
If the natural parent or guardian enrolling the student or who is changing a student’s address is not named on the acceptable document to prove residency provided, the parent/guardian and the homeowner/lessee must complete Affidavits to be notarized. The District resident must also provide one of the accepted proof of residency documents along with their current photo ID notarized forms to complete the enrollment or change of residence. The Multiple Occupancy Affidavits to accompany the proof of residence are found below.
Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy/Affidavit of Residence
An Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy / Affidavit of Residence form must be completed by the legal parent or guardian if he/she is not named on the document provided to prove residency. This form must be signed in front of a notary.
Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy by Owner/Lessee
An Affidavit of Multiple Occupancy by Owner/Lessee form must be completed by the Owner/Lessee of the residence if the owner/lessee is not the parent/legal guardian who is proving residency or attending the registration appointment. This form must be signed in front of a notary.
Parent Registration Reference Guide
Physical & Dental Forms
Physical exams are required for entry into Kindergarten, 6th, and 11th grades. These exams must be dated in the year that the student will start school for the grade level indicated. Please provide the physical exam form to your child’s physician for completion. Your child’s physician may also provide you with a physical exam form from his/her office, which is acceptable. If the exam has not been completed prior to the start of school, it may be provided to the school nurse once it has been completed.
Dental exams are required for entry into Kindergarten, 3rd, and 7th grades. These exams must be dated in the year that the student will start school for the grade level indicated. Please provide the dental exam form to your child’s dentist for completion. Your child’s dentist may also provide you with a dental exam form from his/her office, which is acceptable. If the exam has not been completed prior to the start of school, it may be provided to the school nurse once it has been completed.
1302 Affidavit of Admission
An approved 1302 Affidavit of Admission application is required for residents requesting enrollment of children whose parents or court-appointed guardians do not live in the school district. PA Law (24 PS 13-1302) states “when a resident of any school district keeps in his/her home, such child shall be entitled to all free school privileges afford to resident children of the school district.
Before accepting the child as a student East Pennsboro Area School District requires the Resident to file a sworn affidavit that (1) the person is a resident of the school district; (2) the person is supporting the child gratis; (3) the person is assuming all personal obligations for the child relative to school requirements; and (4) the person intends to keep supporting the child continuously throughout the year, including weekends and summers.
The Resident takes responsibility for the child in education matters and assumes all attendance obligations. This means that the District Resident is responsible for the child’s education including grades, attendance, and behavior. If there are issues involving the school attendance of the child, the District Resident is held responsible. If there is a need to enforce truancy laws, the District Resident will be the person held liable for the child’s attendance. This could include fines set by the district magistrate or judge. Also, if the child fails to properly care for school property and there is a need for money to be paid for repair or replacement, such payment will be the responsibility of the District Resident. Any disciplinary issues and resulting restitution will also be the District Resident’s responsibility
The approved District Resident must submit a new sworn statement and a current copy of the required additional documentation must be submitted each school year; otherwise, the child may be dropped from enrollment as an active student.
Please click below for information regarding this process.