ELECTRONIC FLIER DISTRIBUTION GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
East Pennsboro Area School District recognizes the importance of a system to distribute fliers that is environmentally friendly and cost-effective. Officials also value the importance of supporting youth community events. Effective September 1, 2013, organizations (including clubs and teams) have the option to distribute fliers through our Electronic Community Bulletin Board.
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION – COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
The following guidelines and criteria must be met in order to distribute flyers via the community bulletin board:
- The organization (including clubs and teams) must be a not-for-profit, community-based organization, offering educational, cultural, or athletic programs designed for school-aged children.
- The flier must be submitted, exactly as you would like it to appear, electronically to Dr. Michael Robinson. Please title the email as ELECTRONIC COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD DISTRIBUTION. The email to request approval must indicate a contact name, telephone number, Title of Flier/Event, Expiration Date, and PDF.
- The flier will be reviewed and, if approved, posted to the online community bulletin board.
- All organizations must allow a minimum of five days from the date of submission for the flier to be approved and posted to the Web site.
East Pennsboro Area School District reserves the right to refuse the distribution or posting of any information which is inappropriate for distribution to school-aged children. All organizations and all written materials to be posted or distributed must comply with East Pennsboro Area School District Board Policy No. 913.
For questions regarding the guidelines regarding the distribution of electronic fliers, please contact Dr. Michael Robinson.
Flier Request Form
EAST PENNSBORO AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Guidelines for Distribution of Printed Fliers at Schools
(Effective July 1, 2018)
The East Pennsboro Area School District seeks to work cooperatively with the school community to help our students become lifelong learners who are responsible and successful citizens. As part of our cooperative efforts, the District permits the distribution of materials which are deemed beneficial to the students and school community. Hard copy distribution of materials is permissible following the guidelines set forth below.
- Information must have prior approval from the Director of Federal Programs. Priority distribution is granted to nonprofit organizations that directly involve students, usually at a location within the District.
- A completed Request for Distribution of Fliers form must accompany the flier for consideration.
- Materials must be submitted two (2) weeks prior to the requested distribution date.
A request for the distribution of fliers and a final copy of the flier(s) to be distributed should be submitted to Dr. Michael Robinson, East Pennsboro Area School District, 890 Panther Parkway, Enola, Pa. 17025, or emailed with “Flier Request” in the subject line. To ensure the highest quality, electronic files should be sent in PDF format.
- Distribution of Printed Fliers
- Requests for distribution must include a requested distribution date and identification of which buildings distribution is to occur.
- All fliers approved for distribution must include the following disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are those of insert organization/business name here and do not necessarily reflect the views of the East Pennsboro Area School District. Distribution of information and/or display of material does not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content by the District.
- Fliers approved for distribution will be returned to your organization for copying along with appropriate student counts.
- Your organization is responsible for copying the approved flier and delivering the appropriate quantities directly to the office of each school(s) for which distribution has been approved.
- Following approval, elementary distributions must be counted and packaged (with rubber bands or string) by the requesting community organization/group, marking school and teacher/section on each package. (Distribution numbers will be provided.) Further, distributions of more than one page, etc. must be collated and stapled prior to packaging. The packets must be taken directly to the elementary schools. It is recommended that the organizations include several extra fliers in each package as enrollments fluctuate constantly throughout the school year.
- Individual distributions are not made at the middle school and high school levels. Please prepare a 2-3 sentence announcement, to be read over the public address system, stating the information and flyers will be available in the school office. This packet must be taken directly to the school office.
- Individual distribution of fliers will not occur during the first two and final two weeks of the school year.
- The East Pennsboro Area School District will not distribute materials of community organizations/groups unless they meet the above conditions prior to posting and/or the delivery to the individual school(s).
- The East Pennsboro Area School District will not distribute materials which:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, lewd, vulgar, or profane;
- Are political in nature;
- Violate federal, state, or local laws;
- Are derogatory toward any ethic, religious, or racial group;
- Violate Board policy or District administrative regulations;
- Advocate the use or advertise the availability of any substance or material that may reasonably be believed to constitute a direct and substantial danger to the health or welfare of students, such as tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs;
- Incite violence;
- Use logos identified with the District or individual school(s);
- Cause substantial disruption to the school environment;
- Advocate use of force or urge violation of federal, state, or municipal law, Board policy, or administrative regulations; or
- Interfere with or advocate interference with the rights of any individual or the orderly operation of the schools and their programs.
- Principals are instructed not to distribute or post materials received by any other means.
- Any exception to the above guidelines must have the prior approval of the Director of Federal Programs.
For questions regarding the guidelines regarding the distribution of paper fliers, please contact Dr. Michael Robinson.