Welcome to East Pennsboro Area School District!
East Pennsboro Area School District is a growing, progressive school district with a total population of approximately 2,700 students in kindergarten through grade twelve. Located in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania and bordering on the Susquehanna River, the twelve-square-mile school district serves East Pennsboro Township and the communities of Enola, Summerdale, West Fairview, and parts of Camp Hill.
East Pennsboro is a suburb of the state capital, Harrisburg, and serves a socio-economically diverse community of more than 20,000 citizens. Although it was once considered a railroad town, the community is now thriving as a center for business and service industries. Corporations including EDS, IBM, Gannett-Fleming, Highmark/Blue Shield, and Metro Bank have regional offices within the township. Holy Spirit Health Care System operates a hospital in East Pennsboro and is joined by numerous doctor, dentist, and medical offices.
View our 2018-2019 District Goals.
World class performers and productive citizens
East Pennsboro Area School District, in collaboration with families, employers, and our community, provides educational excellence, empowering students to achieve their maximum potential and to be responsible, productive citizens.
- All students have the capacity to learn, and share the responsibility for their education and development of life-long goals.
- Family responsibility and involvement are essential to each child’s educational success.
- Students learn to be creative thinkers, collaborative problem-solvers, and effective decision makers through a comprehensive curriculum.
- Our community thrives from the educational sucesses of its students as they become productive and responsible memebers of society.
- The students, the community, adn the school district join forces to provide a safe, positive, drug-free, and smoke-free school environment.
- District-wide accountability drives effective and efficient instruction.
- All staff and students will acquire and utilize 21st century learning skills.
- It is the school district’s responsibility to use the community’s resources in an efficient and effective manner.
- The school district must adapt to the constant changing learning community.
- Partnering with businesses, community groups, higher education, and other agencies complements the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life-long learning.
- The school district provides and maintains quality educational materials, equipment and facilities.
- The school district provides continuing high quality professional development for all personnel based on identified needs and instructional initiatives.
890 Valley St.
Enola, PA 17025