East Pennsboro Area School District Celebrates American Education Week
November 18 – 22, 2019
East Pennsboro Elementary School
- November 18, 9 AM – National Anthem and American Education Week Opening Remarks (Students and Staff Only)
November 19, 9:15 – 10:15 AM or 2 – 3 PM – Primary Grade Parent/Guardian Visitation Day (Kindergarten through Second Grade) and EPE Flag Competition (Vote for Your Favorite!)
- November 20 – School-wide Letter-Writing Event Featuring the Importance of Public Schools
- November 21 – All Staff Appreciation Breakfast (office conference rooms); 9:15 – 10:15 AM or 2 – 3 PM – Intermediate Grade Parent/Guardian Visitation Day (Third and Fourth Grade) and EPE Flag Competition (Vote for Your Favorite!)
- November 22 – Future Career Dress-Up Day
- November 18-21 – Scholastic Book Fair Parent Days – Shop with your student! For a detailed schedule, please visit https://www.epasd.org/wp-content/uploads/EPE-Book-Fair.pdf
West Creek Hills Elementary School
- November 18, 2019 – “Educator for a Day,” featuring local community leaders, news media and elected officials as guest teachers
- November 19, 2019 – Kindergarten and First Grade Parents Day, featuring STEM and Literacy, #Readthewalls Student Writing Display and Benchmark Reading/Writing Parent Information Workshop (Kindergarten – 9:30 – 11 AM; First Grade – 12:30 – 2 PM)
- November 20, 2019 – West Creek Hills Educators Recognition Day, featuring staff breakfast, a student-created “Because of a Teacher…” video presentation, parent recognition comments presentation and display
- November 21, 2019 – Second and Third Grade Parents Day, featuring STEM and Literacy, #Readthewalls Student Writing Display and Benchmark Reading/Writing Parent Information Workshop (Third Grade – 11 AM – 12:30 PM; Second Grade – 1 – 2:30 PM)
- November 22, 2019 – Fourth Grade Parents Day, featuring STEM and Literacy, #Readthewalls Student Writing Display and Benchmark Reading/Writing Parent Information Workshop (10 – 11:30 AM); #AEW Neighborhood Parade to promote public education in the community at 2:15 PM
- November 19 and 21 – Parents and caregivers are invited to visit school throughout the week. Program highlights include English Language Arts, STEM, and Spanish; Parents will follow their children’s schedules to determine visitation times and will be asked to sign in at the office, get a visitor’s badge, and visit their students’ classes.
- November 19, 6:30 PM – Parents are invited for coffee with David Frey, principal, and Jen Shelley, assistant principal. Parents will be invited to provide feedback regarding the opening of school, to talk about their concerns, and to work in collaborative groups.
Beyond Reading, Writing and Arithmetic Grandparents and Parents Days – Grandparents and Parents, have you ever wondered what your kids do all day in school? Come on in to enjoy a snack on us and visit a few of our non-traditional classes that you wish you had when you were in high school!
- November 18, 9:15 AM – 10:45 AM – Sugar Rush Slushies
- November 19, 7:30 AM to 9:15 AM – Cold Brew and Donuts
- November 21, 1 PM to 2:30 PM – Ice Cream Social
Friendly reminder: Because regular instruction will be ongoing, we ask that you please do not bring small children during your visit. Please be aware that classes are being conducted as normal and parents may need to stand to observe classes and activities.