Dear EPASD Families,
Over the past week, our district was notified of a significant increase in confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our school district.
As a result of the increase, all of our school buildings will be closed tomorrow, November 16th, and will reopen December 1st, pending the status of COVID-19 community and district spread. This decision is in compliance with the PA Department of Education and the PA Department of Health guidelines.
During the closure, we will enter all remote learning, the Level I model. We have planned for this scenario and are ready to make the transition immediately. We will begin the virtual learning model for all students tomorrow.
A separate message concerning food and nutrition services will be relayed shortly.
Please remember that returning to in-person learning is a community effort. We ask that everyone do their part by wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, limit gathering sizes (especially during the upcoming holiday weekend) and frequently washing hands.
Please know that we are closely monitoring this situation and will provide you with the latest information. As always, the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and families is our top priority.
If you have questions, please contact your child’s teacher or program supervisor.
Be safe and be well,
Dr. Donna Dunar
Our process for determining to move to Level I was as follows:
The increase of numbers of positive and quarantine cases came to light late Sunday afternoon. The principals report their knowledge of new cases to Dr. Price. As a team, we discussed and reviewed the most recent cases in reference to our decision-making tool Sunday evening. As soon as the presentation of this information was shared with the Board we communicated with families as well as other partner groups at approximately 8 p.m. We tried to work as quickly as we could as we work with data over which we have no control. A brief presentation will be presented at the School Board meeting on Thursday, November 19th.