Sent via Blackboard email on 2/21/21
Based on the decision made at the School Board Meeting on February 18, 2021, any emergency school closure days from this point forward will utilize Flexible Instructional Day (FID) Guidelines. These guidelines were in place prior to the January 7th School Board Meeting.
In the event that we have a future school closure due to weather or any other emergency situation, all EPASD students and staff will have a virtual day of learning in the FID format. This will eliminate the need for future make-up days.
Updated 2020-2021 EPASD FID Guidelines
For snow days and any other school closures that occur between 2/22/21 and the end of the 2020-2021 school year, EPASD will provide virtual instruction on the day of a school closure. On these days EPASD will provide instruction in our FID format (see description below):
- Teachers will share online remote learning activities for students to engage in and complete.
- K-12 Remote learning activities will be posted by 9:00AM.
- Neither students nor teachers will report to school buildings. Everyone works remotely from home.
- Students have 3 days to complete all online remote learning activities.
- Livestreaming will NOT occur on FID make-up dates or future school closures.
Where will students find / access online remote learning activities?
- K-5 teachers will post remote learning activities in Seesaw
- 6-12 teachers will post remote learning activities in Google Classroom
- If time permits, teachers may also provide paper copies of learning activities
How does a student contact a teacher if he/she doesn’t understand something or needs assistance?
- Teachers will be available remotely by email from 9 – 11 a.m. and 1 – 3 p.m.
What if there is a power outage, Internet connectivity problems, or other issues that doesn’t allow students to access “Remote Learning Activities”?
- Students are provided a 3 day grace period to complete and turn in remote learning activities
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your child’s principal.