The East Pennsboro Area School District invites your firm to submit a Proposal for Services for professional services related to installing new synthetic turf field(s) with field markings in two possible locations on our main campus.
The preliminary scope of the project is anticipated to be approved in late February 2019. Please refer to the Scope of Work section contain within. The District’s intent is to begin the project in the Late Winter/Early Spring of 2019 with substantial completion on or before July 31, 2020.
The District may conduct an interview of the individuals or firms it considers to be the most qualified to perform the services required, based upon the criteria in this RFP. If so, firms or individuals will be notified in advance of the proposed interview date. If conducted, interviews may be conducted in person or by conference call. Respondents are advised that the District reserves the right to award this agreement solely on the basis of the submitted proposals. The District reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or part thereof for any reason, to negotiate changes to proposal terms, to waive minor inconsistencies with the RFP, and to negotiate an agreement with the successful firm.
The District will hold a mandatory site visit on December 20, 2018 at 1:00 pm beginning in the District Administration Center, 890 Valley Street, Enola where general issues associated with the project and the RFP process will be discussed. All questions asked during the mandatory site visit will be answered via email to all attendees no later than December 21, 2018 unless additional time is needed. Any additional clarifying questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before January 3, 2019 by 4pm. Responses will be sent to all individuals/firms who attended the mandatory site visit no later than January 4, 2019 by 4pm.
All sealed proposals for the project shall be delivered to:
East Pennsboro Area School District,
Attn: Elizabeth Holley
890 Valley Street,
Enola, Pennsylvania 17025
TURF FIELD PROJECT
no later than January 10, 2019 at 2:00 p.m., prevailing time, at which time and place all sealed proposals will be opened. The proposal should be marked on the outside envelope TURF FIELD PROJECT. The successful proposal will be awarded at a regular meeting of the District Board within 60 working days of the receipt of the proposals subject to mutually acceptable terms on an agreement for professional services. The District expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject any and all proposals in the best interest of the District.
Interested proposers are advised to investigate all applicable portions of any relevant East Pennsboro Township Ordinances including but not limited to StormWater Management and other local, state and federal codes, regulations, ordinances and laws which may be applicable.
1. A Letter of Transmittal signed by a principal of the firm, not to exceed two (2) pages, describing in narrative form your firm’s qualifications and why you believe yours is the best firm for these projects.
2. A list of your Project Team Members that may be assigned to these projects, including resumes of key personnel. This list should designate the main contact on our projects.
3. A list of school turf projects that your firm has worked on in the past five years (include projects involving unique perspectives or design).
4. Information relative to the firm’s fee structure. This should include a cost percentage and what services it includes, as well as other charges that would be applicable on a construction/renovation project.
5. Identify any legal proceeding (arbitration, complaint or court action) filed by an Owner or Contractor against your firm for any project for which you provided architectural services during the last 5 years and explain the circumstances.
6. Five (5) references to include contact person, size of project (cost and square feet), and location of project.
7. Include a sample of the standard contract and payment schedule you intend to use should your firm be selected.
8. Additional information not included above, that the firm feels may be useful and applicable for consideration by the School Board in selecting an architectural firm.
9. Written proposal is limited to a maximum of 80 pages.
10. Interested firms/individuals should submit the information to Elizabeth Holley, 890 Valley Street, Enola, Pa, 17025 in a sealed envelope marked TURF FIELD PROJECT.
11. Submission Deadline – January 10, 2019 by 2pm.