Change of Residence & Withdrawls

If your student has recently moved but remains a resident of East Pennsboro Area School District, please use the following guidelines to help make a smooth transition.  It is required for each student’s record to contain accurate residency information.

Please be aware that transportation will not be updated until the change of residence process has been completed.  Transportation will begin within three school days after the request is processed.  After completion of the change of residence process, your student’s updated transportation assignment will be posted to his/her Sapphire Community Web Portal.

Please print and complete the Change of Residence Form and submit along with an acceptable document to prove residency for the new address and a copy of the photo identification for the parent who is requesting the change of residence.  These items must be submitted to the Student Accounting Office.  Please complete separate paperwork for each student.  You are not required to attend an appointment in person to update your student’s residence.  Your paperwork will be processed once received in the Student Accounting Office, located at the District Administration Center.  If further information is needed after receipt of your paperwork, you will be contacted by EPASD.

Change of Residence Requirements

Acceptable Documents to Prove Residency in East Pennsboro Area School District:
The following documents are acceptable means of proving residency. Any of these documents
must be current and include the homeowner’s / lessee’s name and address.

  • Deed
  • Lease (signed by landlord and tenant)
  • Renters’ or Homeowners’ Insurance Policy (declarations page)
  • Mortgage Statement (within three months)
  • Sewer/Trash or Utility Bill which shows a service address (within three months)
  • Check stub from wages, public assistance or social security (within three months
  • Payment or liability of payment of recent municipal and school district taxes

If the natural parent or guardian who is present at the enrollment appointment or who is changing a student’s address is not named on the acceptable document to prove residency provided, the parent/guardian and the homeowner / lessee will need to complete additional notarized forms to complete the enrollment or change of residence. The Multiple Occupancy Affidavits can be found in “Resources” section of the Student Accounting Page.


The following steps should be taken by parent/guardians to withdraw students from EPASD to enroll in another school district to ensure a smooth transition to the new school:

  • 1. If you intend to withdraw your student from EPASD, please contact the Student Accounting Office to schedule an appointment.  At this time, parents/guardians must supply EPASD the exact date of withdrawal, their new address and the name of the school that the student(s) will be enrolling.  Parents/guardians must request release of records in writing prior to the student’s withdrawal.  If you require any items for registration to the new school, please request these items when scheduling this appointment.  If your student was issued a Chromebook, the Chromebook and all components must be collected at the time of withdraw.  This includes the Chromebook, power supply, backer board, case and carrying strap.  Any other district property (textbooks, equipment, etc.) must be returned to your student’s school prior to withdraw.  Please bring photo identification to your appointment.

    2. Contact the new school/district where you will be enrolling your student to obtain registration information.  This should be done prior to withdraw.

    3. EPASD must receive enrollment verification from the new school/district in order to officially withdraw students from EPASD.  This must be received in the Student Accounting Office in order for the withdraw from EPASD to be processed.

    4. Until your child is officially withdrawn from EPASD, compulsory attendance regulations apply.  If your child does not attend school, you will be subject to fines.  Title 24§13-1326, et seq.



Kathy Sudak

Student Accounting Clerk