Your high school students’ new Chromebook will be issued during the first week of the 2019-20 school year according to the following schedule:
Chromebook Distribution during Lunch:
- Student Day 2 (August 27): Lunch A and B – 11th and 12th grade
- Student Day 3 (August 28): Lunch A and B – 9th and 10th grade
- Student Day 4 (August 29): Lunch A and B – Anyone else who was missed or ran out of time
Q: What should I do if my student kept a Chromebook for summer classes?
A: Please have them bring it on their designated issuing day. We will collect it and then issue their new Chromebook. They must turn in a Chromebook to receive their new one.
Q: If my student turned in a Chromebook at the end of the 2018-19 school year, do I need to “repurchase” the Chromebook insurance?
A: No, you do not.
Q: If my student is a transfer or new to the district, how do I get information about the 1-1 program and the required insurance?
A: Please go to the EPASD website ( https://www.epasd.org/parents-guardians/chromebook-documentation) and download the EPASD Chromebook agreement. Sign and have your student bring the completed form with them on distribution day along with $25 or a check for $25 made out to East Pennsboro Area School District. If your student receives a reduced cost lunch, the fee is $12.50. If they receive a free lunch, there is no cost to the insurance coverage.
Q: Will the new Chromebooks include a case?
A: No. From lessons learned, we are providing the students a much more robust and durable device. We used student feedback in our decision-making on the new Chromebook model. The students did not like having a separate case, so the new Chromebooks will have a plastic clamshell cover rather than a separate carrying case.
Q: Where should my student take their Chromebook if it needs repaired?
A: Please have them take their Chromebook to the library. We have a new repair process agreement with a local provider. Your student will receive a loaner until their assigned device is repaired. The turnaround time will be approximately one week depending on the type of repair needed. They will then be notified when their device has been repaired.
- The replacement plan does NOT provide coverage for the loss of the Chromebook and/or its accessories, cosmetic damage, or damages caused by intentional misuse and abuse.
- Students will be responsible for the full cost of replacement ($250.00) if it is determined that damage has been caused by intentional abuse and/or misuse.